1. Citizen’s Charter (Feedback, Complaints, and Redress Mechanisms)
2. See Page 53-54 of the 2018 PCIC Annual Report
PCIC Whistleblowing Policy
3. See Page 58-65 of PCIC Annual Report 2018
Head Office and Regional Office’s Directory
5. Performance-enhancing mechanisms for employee participation should be permitted to develop.
II. Disclosure and Transparency (35%)
7. Quality of Annual Report Does the GOCC’s Annual Report disclose the following items:
a. Corporate objectives
1. See Page 1 of PCIC Annual Report 2018 – Message from the president
2. See Page 5 of PCIC Annual Report 2018 – Highlights of Operation
3. See Page 29 of PCIC Annual Report 2018- Customer Satisfaction Survey
4. See Page 30-33 of PCIC Annual Report 2018 PCIC Extension Office
5. See Page 34 of PCIC Annual Report 2018 PCIC is now Certified ISO 9001: 2015 Complaint Nationwide
6. See Page 56 of PCIC Annual Report 2018 PCIC is Top Government Corporation on Corporate Governance
9. Corporate Governance Confirmation Statement
18. If yes, is the report of the Audit Committee publicly disclosed?
20. Did the Audit Committee meet at least four times during the year?
24. Board meetings and attendance
a. Are the Board of Directors meetings scheduled at the beginning of the year(end of Q1)
b. Does the Board of Directors meet at least monthly?
Without the presence of President Jovy C. Bernabe, the PCIC Board of Directors met on August 30, 2018 to discuss the audit results/findings based on COA’s Annual Audit Report on PCIC.
a. Does the company disclose the internal control procedures/risk management systems it has in place?
b. Does the Annual Report disclose that the Board of Directors/Commissioners has overseen a review of the company’s materials controls (including operational,financial and compliance controls) and risk management systems?
The Acting Chairman of the Board is Mr. Crisologo DP. Ignacio while the President is Atty. Jovy C Bernabe.
29. Board of Directors Development
1. Manual on Corporate Governance
Part 3.1 of PCIC’s Manual on Corporate Governance mandates the Governance Committee to encourage Directors to attend on-going or continuous professional education programs. Attendance of the Directors to orientations, seminars, workshops, other educational programs recommended by PCIC and/or the Governance Committee serves as service to the Corporation.
2. Board Policies
a. Is an annual performance assessment conducted of the Board of Directors?
Aside from the performance assessment done through the iPED pursuant to GCG MC No. 2014-03, the Board Members also conducted an overall performance assessment for the Board as a whole in order to assess/determine its effectiveness in carrying out its responsibilities, strengthen its governance performance and practices, and help it determine its development priorities.
For the overall performance assessment of the Board, the Board members were made to answer a Board-appraisal form which seeks to evaluate the overall performance of the Board.
Criteria for the Board’s Overall Performance Assessment:
Performance Evaluation System (PES) Rating – 50%
Board’s Performance Review Rating – 50%
An annual performance assessment is conducted for each Board of Directors’ Committee. Committee members were asked to answer a Committee appraisal form which seeks to evaluate the overall performance of the Committee. Board members who are not part of the Committee are also asked to evaluate the performance of the Committee in order to gain an outside perspective/impression on the effectiveness of the Committee in carrying out its key responsibilities.
Quality of Annual Report