IMPLEMENTING GUIDELINES ON THE UTILIZATION OF PCIC PREMIUM SUBSIDY/DISCOUNT FOR PPI-DA MASAGANANG ANI 200 PROGRAM PER PCIC BOARD RESOLUTION NO. 2017-029 DATED MAY 11, 2017
The Department of Agriculture (DA) promotes the Masaganang Ani 200 Program, in support to the DA-Food Sufficiency and Poverty Alleviation Programs. This DA program will be implemented together with Planters Products, Inc. (PPI) who will provide production inputs, as production loan, to subsistence rice farmers participating in the Masaganang Ani 200 – Plant Now Pay Later (PNPL) Program. The program aims to promote the organic farming and will be piloted in M’lang ang Tulunan, North Cotabato.
The PCIC allotted Two Million Pesos (
P2,000,000) for the full (100%) insurance premiums subsidy/discount of subsistence rice farmers of M’lang and Tulunan, North Cotabato per PCIC Board Resolution No. 2017-029.
The following are the guidelines:
A. UNDERWRITING POLICIES
1. Total Amount Allotted for PCIC : PhP 2,000,000
2. Type of Crop Insurance Eligible for
PCIC Premium Subsidy/Discount : Rice Crop
3. % of Premium Subsidy/Discount
allowed in the Premium Cost : Full (100%) insurance premium cost
4. Premium : 10% (as applied in all fully subsidized program)
5. Amount of Cover (AC) : PhP 20,000 per hectare
6. Other Conditions
a. Farmer-participants of PPI-DA
Masaganang Ani 200 Program are members of Irrigator’s Association and
cultivating rice farms in M’lang and Tulunan, North Cotabato;
b. Farmers are not
recipients of any fully or partly subsidized insurance program;
areas for insurance coverage: maximum of three (3) hectares per farmer; and
d. Farmers shall follow Good
Agricultural Practices (GAD) for rice crop production.
B. UNDERWRITING PROCEDURES
1. The PPI shall submit to the concerned PCIC Regional Office the List of Qualified Irrigators Associations and List of Farmer-Participants in the program.
2. The PCIC shall review the List of Farmers to determine their eligibility and also to avoid duplication of insurance records.
3. The PCIC shall provide the PPI with all underwriting forms for enrollment of farmer-participants, such as: group application for crop insurance, location sketch plan and standard farm plan and budget.
4. The PPI shall facilitate the preparation and submission of the required underwriting documents for insurance coverage, such as: group application for crop insurance, location sketch plan and standard farm plan and budget of farmer-participants.
5. The PCIC shall review the submitted underwriting documents for completeness; If not complete, return to PPI/farmer-participants for proper action.
6. PCIC to issue Certificate of Insurance Coverage to farmers, copy furnished the IAs and PPI.
C. CLAIMS PROCEDURES
Perform claims adjustment and settlement procedures in accordance with PCIC Rice and Corn Crops Insurance Operations Manual.
D. SERVICE FEE
No provisions for service fee.
E. PERIOD OF IMPLEMENTATION
The PCIC Premium Subsidy/Discount shall be applied on insurance policies incepting from June 1, 2017 up to May 31, 2018.
ATTY. JOVY C.BERNABE
Philippine Crop Insurance Corporation