GENERAL INFORMATION ON THE RICE CROP INSURANCE FOR DA-LBP SIKAT SAKA PROGRAM
PCIC provides full (100%) premium subsidy for the rice crop insurance coverage of the subsistence farmers participating in the DA-LBP Sikat Saka Program.
SIKAT SAKA PROGRAM
The Sikat Saka Program (SSP) is the credit component of the Food Staples Sufficiency Program (FSSP) of the Department of Agriculture (DA). The Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP) is the lending conduit of the Program.
- Farm must have an effective irrigation system and functional drainage system.
- Farm must be at least ½ hectare but not to exceed 5.0 hectares.
- Farm must not be within 200 meters to the nearest body of water or marshland.
- Farm must be reached by a regular means of transport system.
- Farm must be within a generally peaceful and stable peace and order location.
The standard premium rates in the region/province shall apply.
AMOUNT OF COVER
The maximum amount of cover shall be up to the amount of loan granted by LBP.
STEPS IN AVAILING CROP INSURANCE COVERAGE
- National Irrigation Administration – Irrigators Association (NIA-IA) focal person screens/ identifies Irrigators’ Association (IA) members qualified to the program in accordance with the program lending criteria.
- NIA-IA focal person assists the qualified members in accomplishing the lending requirements and crop insurance application documents, as follows:
- List of Borrowers (LOB)
- Consolidated Farm Information (CFI)
- Standard Farm Plan and Budget (SFPB)
- Group Deed of Assignment
- Individual Application for Crop Insurance indicating the IA affiliation of borrower
- Location Sketch Plan/s (LSP)
- Farm Plan and Budget (FPB)
- Duly accomplished Deed of Assignment in favor of the LBP Lending Center
- NIA-IA endorses and submits the list of qualified borrowers together with the documents required by LBP.
- Simultaneous with the submission of the loan application, the IA submits the Crop Insurance Application documents to the PCIC Regional Office or PCIC Extension Office.
- Upon approval /release of Sikat Saka loans, LBP Lending Center furnishes PCIC Regional Office with a master list of farmers with approved/ released loans.
- Upon receipt of master list of approved/released loans, PCIC retrieves the application documents earlier submitted and validates underwriting information.
- PCIC issues the Individual/Group Certificate of Insurance Cover to applicants.
- PCIC furnishes NIA supervising office/unit with the list of insured farmers.
WHERE TO FILE APPLICATION FOR COVERAGE
- PCIC Regional Office
- PCIC Extension Office
SIKAT SAKA COVERAGE
The program shall cover forty-five (45) major rice producing provinces, namely:
|Agusan del Sur||Davao del Sur||Masbate||Sorsogon|
|Aklan||Ilocos Norte||Negros Occ.||South Cotabato|
|Albay||Ilocos Sur||North Cotabato||Sultan Kudarat|
|Bataan||Isabela||Nueva Ecija||Western Samar|
|Bukidnon||La Union||Occ. Mindoro||Zamboanga del Norte|
|Bulacan||Laguna||Or. Mindoro||Zamboanga del Sur|
|Cagayan||Lanao del Norte||Palawan||Zamboanga Sibugay|
|Camarines Sur||Lanao del Sur||Pampanga|
|Davao del Norte||Maguindanao||Quezon|
ACTUAL PLANTING REPORT
In case of deviation in the information reflected in the LOB earlier submitted, the insured farmer must report to PCIC Regional or Extension Office within ten (10) days from date of actual planting the following changes:
- Change in direct seeding/planting schedules
- Change in method of planting
- Change in seed variety
- Change in location/area of farm planted
- Change in size of farm planted
NOTICE OF LOSS (NL)
In case of loss/damage, the insured farmer or nearest of kin shall perform the following procedures:
- File NL within twenty (20) days after occurrence of typhoon/flood/earthquake, provided filed before harvest.
- File NL not later than ten (10) days before expected harvest in case of drought, plant pest and diseases.
CLAIM FOR INDEMNITY (CI)
The CI must be filed within forty-five (45) calendar days from occurrence of the loss using the prescribed form.
The CI when filed within ten (10) calendar days from occurrence of loss, shall serve as NL.
The existing PCIC policies and procedures on claims adjustment and settlement shall apply on all claims filed.
You can Download PDF Here